Designed by Veethemes.com

Work and Home

What's been interesting about making crochet my 'profession' is the difference in making something for someone else, from making something for me.  I've been working on a couple of collaborations, and designing patterns to go in specific publications with specific aesthetics, and it's still enjoyable, but it's.... different.  The inspiration is still there, but you have to work at it, work up a design, go through various progressions until you're happy with the final outcome.  It's work. 

What it doesn't always have is the same fizzing, sparkling, straight from the cosmos into your brain, glorious, inspirational joy that making for yourself has.

Clearly, I get a kick out of that.

So the last couple of days I've been thinking about making a floral headdress, just for me, but this time all out of wool, and the fizzing, creative magic is all there and I'm completely loving it.  Inspired by a very beautiful, clashing collection of azaleas that I pass every day, the making fever has hit me with a vengeance, and I'd be happy if it never stopped.

I've made a mini-free-tutorial of how to make an azelea, just using pics, so that you can share in the flowery goodness, let me know if it's any use :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment